Wednesday, January 26, 2005

FAIR WARNING (like you really care)

Saturday is my 41st birthday. I will have been alive nearly 15,000 days. Or 359,160 hours. Or 21,549,600 minutes. Or about 1.2 billion seconds.

Girls: when I was your age:

  • There was no cable TV
  • There was no internet
  • There were no computers as you know them
  • We believed some of our politicians
  • There were no microwaves
  • We had no water, so we melted ice
  • There were no video games
  • Dinosaurs roamed the earth

    I demand your well wishes. You may comment them to me here on this entry. Now. C'mon, hurry it up already! ...um... please?
  • 4 comments:

    Cherry Moon said...

    Wow! You're going to be OLD!! *giggle* You forgot #8... Potty was located outdoors... you had to walk a mile barefooted in 12 feet of snow, and you had to use leaves for toilet paper.

    Anonymous said...

    Happy 41st! How does it feel to be 41? old? I suppose so. No one wants to be above the age of 39.

    Teken said...

    Cherry, I may be old, but I'm not young. Huh? Anyway, good point on the loo and the snow-walking. They've heard that one too often to listen anymore, though.

    Remakes are big in pop music lately, and I've taken to reminding the girls that "that song was popular when daddy was young".

    I've become my parents.

    Teken said...

    Anonymous, I hope I become old enough for pity. Then I could start killing people indiscriminately and get away with it. Guess who I'd start with?

    I traced back your IP address and know exactly who you are. And where you live. And what kind of car you drive.

    Okay I really don't, but wouldn't that be AWESOME!!