Thursday, January 06, 2005

Greetings, Earthlings


Hi, it's me!

Please allow myself to introduce... myself. My name is Teken, which is Dutch for Mark. I know this because Babelfish says so. I have two wonderful girls, whom I'll lovingly refer to as 94 and 97 (the years of their respective births). I also have an X, to whom I'll refer as, well, X.

I was born a poor black child... only I'm white and my parents were middle class. I grew up in beautiful Appleton, Wisconsin -- a mere 30 miles south of The Frozen Tundra. That's right, Lambeau (Lambert if you're into failed Dems) field. I love me the Packers.

I live now in Marshfield, Wisconsin (oops wrong link, try THIS)-- a mere 30 miles south of precisely nowhere. Smack dab in the middle of it, I guess you'd say.

Let me introduce Minerva, my 8 year old Calico cat. Pictures soon. She's old and blind, and suffers from some sort of rare, but undiagnosed, slime-producing disease. Yes, I've taken her to the kitty clinic, and they said she's fine. My walls are spattered with evidence to the contrary, but what do I know.

I'd also like you to meet Howdy, my 2 year old Tabby cat. He's young and playful, and a real pain in the ass sometimes. He has no odd diseases, but when he "goes", they smell it downtown. Whew!

I drive a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. I love me my big car. [note: I'm really not illiterate, I just enjoy the phrase "I love me my..."]

Stick around and check back often, I intend to post frequently. My goal is to make friends and make you laugh. If you read Macho Poodle, give me a hollar -- it's a big, lonely net.

"Profanity is the last refuge of the fucking ignorant."
-Teken, 2004

No comments: