Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My New Digs


Picture of a beautiful sculpture I bought.

Why do people begin posts by saying "I should really tell you..."? Seems like a misplaced sense of obligation mixed with an odd reluctance to actually blog...

Anyway, I should really tell you about my new apartment. It is a nine-story brick and block monolith built in the roaring '20s. Used to be a five star hotel. It has an ornate two story ballroom, and retains almost all of its original tin ceilings, carvings, doors, and other trappings. I live in a northwest corner apartment on the seventh floor. I believe my unit used to be two guest rooms with a door cut between them. It is by far the most special and "totally-me" place I've ever lived. And the rent is cheap.

More here:

Landmark Building

No comments: